Thursday, November 10, 2011

Lesson Learned

I just had this debate with my friend about "Harry Potter promotes satanic witchcraft". Naturally, Im in the Con. I was so angry at everything she's saying. We insulted each other, . . . okay, I insulted her,( I'm a bitch,what can I say?) But hey, it was a very intelligent debate, the insults were subtle. Anyway, we were arguing and strongly justifying our points.And then suddenly, I felt a tugging in my heart. Its like a little voice in the back my head is saying: "Stop.This is not worth sacrificing your friendship!". I felt tired afterwards, the debate made me so tired that I had to eat a second dinner! :p

So , I apologized to her. And she did the same. :) I was so relieved coz I thought that really was the end of our friendship. I mean, we're not that close but still, it hurts to lose a friend no matter how deep or not your relationship with each other is. And I realized, I acted like a big hypocrite! Of all people's traits,the one thing I hate the most is hypocrisy. All the more, to think that one of the things Harry Potter wants to teach its readers is friendship!I felt like I betrayed Harry! ( TT_TT )

So, I am going to share this Harry Potter quote to you guys and let this experience be a lesson to us all.
 "It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to our friends." 
~Albus Dumbledore
in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone 

No comments:

Post a Comment